KONTRON CPCI SERIAL
The CompactPCI serial standard is an evolution of the existing PICMG 2.0 specification, which is characterized by serial communications over the backplane. Supports expansion cards, which can either be connected via Ethernet, PCI Express, SATA or USB.
- Scalable multiprocessor systems and CPU cluster via PCIe or Ethernet
- RAID systems with up to 8 SATA lanes for SATA hard drive shuttles, for example, for data recording of video surveillance systems
- NAS systems to access data from the cloud, which are realized with a mix of Ethernet networked CPU modules and SATA hard drive shuttles
- Multi-monitor systems to control up to 32 displays as infotainment, digital signage and control rooms
- Flexible configurations with wireless WLAN, UMTS, HSDPA, LTE and GSM to support up to 8 cards, each with two radio modules